Thursday, April 14, 2011

Modest is Hottest

I've seen the link to this video a couple of times, but didn't look at it until tonight. Holy. Cow. I seriously cried during it. Who does that? I really am just a "sensy" (in the words of JD from Scrubs). Geez, if I'm this sensitive now, what the heck is it going to be like when I'm pregnant!

I'm always so amazed when I see youth who not only hold to their values, but BELIEVE in those values. Modesty is a tricky subject, I think. For a lot of youth, it's pounded into their heads without a good explanation as to WHY it's so important. I realize now that ultimately, only when we're modest (in dress AND actions), can we have the Spirit of God with us that will lead us in the right direction. I wish I had been as strong as some of these youth. They're inspiring and it gives me hope that maybe (just maybe) I'll be able to help my kids develop faith like this one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment