Saturday, April 30, 2011

It's a Good Thing the End Isn't Sad

I know that I really am very blessed, but right now I'm just very sad. I need to write it out so I can move past it.

Skylar's mom is very sick and has been in the hospital for over a month with one complication, then another. They couldn't figure out the source of it all and she would get a little better, then a whole lot worse. I didn't think much of it for a long time because of how resilient the body truly is. All my classes learning about the body just reinforced my thoughts that she would pull through. But she probably won't. She's been on life support and we just found out they're taking her off of it tomorrow. The doctors are positive she won't make it.

My heart hurts so much. Of course I love her and I'm SO thankful to have her as my mother-in-law, but my heart hurts for them - for her husband, for her kids, for her granddaughters. All my tears are for them and I have absolutely no idea how to "be there" for them right now.

On top of that, Skylar's in Kansas for work, surrounded by loud, "burly" men and he's having to deal with this by himself. He seems to have taken the time he needed to prepare himself so he's handling it all really well, but still - I just want to hug him.

No matter what happens, I know they'll be ok. We all will. Even though the Lord is very mindful of us and certainly has our best interest in mind, sometimes things are just hard and I think it's ok to be sad for a while. I just hate to see the people I love hurt so much.

Sorry this post was kind of depressing. Here's some happy news that I'll elaborate on more later: we moved successfully, I've gotten lots of job offers, I'm enjoying my class this term, and best of all...........God's Plan of Happiness is REAL!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are totally with your family. I love you.

    ReplyDelete