Friday, April 22, 2011

The Bofe

Tonight (or rather, in the wee small hours of the morning....it's only 2:30 a.m.) I was frantically trying to finish packing up our house so we can move in.....6 hours. I've been working on it (and finals) little by little for the last week and a half. I'm almost there! Anyway, I was jamming to a play list of random songs when this song started playing:


Suddenly, rather unexpectedly, I was quite "teary eyed," we'll say. Sure, it's kind of a sad song, but that wasn't why I got choked up. The first time I heard this song was while watching the super cheesy Hillary Duff movie, "A Cinderella Story." I was probably 16 or 17, sitting at home alone on a Friday night, trying to pass the time. My brother Joseph came home and plopped down next to me and watched the whole thing with me. He was probably 21 at the time and had FAR better things to do than hang out with his little sister on a Friday night, but he did anyway. As the movie ended, this was the last song playing and he commented that he really liked it. It was a small little comment made in passing, but for some reason every time I've heard that song since then I think of him. Interestingly, this song fits him rather well.

He died a little over a year and a half ago in a car accident. Wow, has it really been that long? I think about him everyday, most of the time just in passing as I laugh about something that reminds me of him. But every once in a while something hits me hard and I'm in tears again. I sure do miss him.





Someday I'll write about him - what he was like, how awesome he was, what a metro-stud he could be, ya know, all the good stuff. But right now, I start bawling when I try to write those things down. It's bad enough just mentioning his name sometimes. But be it known, my brother was pretty rad. Can't wait to hang out with him again.





1 comment:

  1. I love ya girl, this is a beautiful post. I know a lot of these things are personal but I would love to hear more about him. I remember you telling me a few stories on the mish and I would just always love to listen if you ever want to tell. :) Good luck moving and on finals and PS...you are going to be super close to me now which means we need to see each other more! :)

    ReplyDelete