Monday, February 14, 2011

Ah, to be Young and in Love

Valentine Day

–noun
February 14, observed in honor of St. Valentine as a day for the exchange of valentines and other tokens of affection.
 
See also, Valentine's Day, Saint Valentine's Day.

Happy "lover's day" to everyone!  I've never cared much one way or the other for this day; always been kind of indifferent.  But, it's a good excuse to have a little fun, I guess.  Today's was pretty cool though because it was the first Valentine's day that Skylar and I actually got to spend together since 2005!  I was 17, he was 18.  He thought he had to do something spectacular since it was our first one, so he called around everywhere to get us a reservation at a nice restaurant.  We ended up going to Del Frisco's in Dallas and got to dress up a little.  My mom threatened Skylar with his life to have me back by midnight.  We almost didn't make it, but the life-preserving-gods were smiling upon us and we got back just in the nick of time.  Do I have pictures of this momentous night?  Of course not.  They're probably lost somewhere in the abyss that is my father's computer.
But this time around, since it was our first V-Day being married, we decided we needed to do something extra special.  So thought and we planned and we ended up doing what any good lovers do on Valentine's day.........................................................................................
We built a fort in our living room, of course!!!  Our night was fantastic!  I had to work tonight, but I got home around 8.  We were trying to figure out what to do for dinner since we didn't want to do the same old boring, healthy stuff, so we headed off to the grocery store and bought the NICE kind of frozen pizzas (Digiorno!  None of this Red Baron business), some wings, and some ice cream and headed home to get our special evening going.
While Skylar "cooked dinner", I got to work setting up this SWEET cave!  It was tons of fun, but a little more difficult than I had anticipated.  Turns out that Skylar and I are big people and needed a fort to fit us.  So I grabbed a couple of floor lamps and went to town.  Gotta give a shout out to Tristan, Skylar's brother, for hooking us up with a couple of handy blankets big enough for the job.



So, we ate our dinner in our fort while watching LOST!  I've never watched it, so I'm working my way through the first season.  I did see the very last episode of the series, which makes it so much more interesting to watch, since I know what's ACTUALLY going on. 


Skylar's a little special.  And we can't make a heart with our hands.  But it was fun.




 What's that?  You want more?  Well, fine.  I really do have the best Valentine EVER.  My husband truly does know how to romance me.  Seriously, after I tell y'all what he did for me today, you'll melt and wish he was yours.  But too bad, suckas!  He's all mine.  This is how much he loves me:


What?  Isn't this what every wife wants for Valentine's Day?  Maybe I'm a little more low maintenance than most women, but this is seriously all I've wanted for the last 2 months.  We live in a very old house that's very.....odd in a lot of ways.  A couple months ago, Skylar ripped one of the towel bars out of the wall as he was exerting his manly force in trying to pull his towel off.  We discovered that the bar wasn't anchored to anything but dry wall, basically.  For months now, I've wanted it fixed somehow so we didn't have to keep hanging towels over the curtain rod, but since it wasn't a priority for us, it always got bumped down on the list of things to do.  Finally, that charmer of mine did this for me today.  Isn't he a keeper?

 Before

After

What a Casanova.  And now I'm off to go snuggle with that stud of mine.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, no one wants to hear about your nasty love den. Gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Veronica, while I totally think your cave is such an awesome idea, all that comes to mind is a "Love den" or "Love cave".... esp with it being Valentines day and all. =D But the pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, to put your minds at ease remember, we have Tristan living with us. We're not THAT cruel to him!

    ReplyDelete